12/21/2018 2:38:00 PM Longville City Council minutes
LONGVILLE CITY COUNCIL
MEETING MINUTES - UNAPPROVED
Wed., Dec. 19, 2018
Mayor Jocko Kline called the Regular Scheduled Meeting of the month to order on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance
PRESENT: Mayor: Jocko Kline, Council Members: Phyllis Eck, Neil Tobiason and Greg Gilsrud. City Clerk: Christina Herheim. Deputy City Clerk: Dianne Larson. Employees: Sara Putnam, and Jesse Osburnsen. Citizens: Steve Shallbetter, Dave Cribb
ABSENT: Nathan Tabaka and Nancy Raines
1. M/S/P: Eck/Tobiason to approve agenda of Wednesday, December 19, 2018
2. M/S/P: Gilsrud/Eck to approve Regular City Council Meeting Minutes of November 21, 2018 and Emergency Meeting of Wednesday, December 5, 2018.
3. New Business:
a. M/S/P: Gilsrud/Tobiason to approve subdivision of PID 91-337-5600 - Cribb Properties
b. M/S/P: Tobiason/Eck to approve Publish by Summary: General Code of Ordinances
c. M/S/P: Eck/Tobiason to approve amending Land Use Ordinance designating City Council as Planning and Zoning Commission
d. M/S/P: Gilsrud/Tobiason to approve amending Section X of Land Use Ordinance regarding campsites.
e. M/S/P: Eck/Tobiason to approve Publish by Summary: Land Use Ordinance changing Planning and Zoning Commission, and Section X of Land Use Ordinance regarding campsites.
4. Licenses and Permits:
a. M/S/P: Tobiason/Eck to approve gambling application of NWTF Northland Ridge Runners Chapter for banquet of March 16, 2019; waive fee and waiting period.
5. Old Business: None
6. Citizens addressing the council: None
7. Engineer's report: None
8. Commissioner's Reports:
i. Police - The police report was provided to council members
ii. Ballfield - no report
1. M/S/P: Gilsrud/Eck to approved Longville Community Ice Skating Rink Agreement from 1/1/2019 - 12/31/2019
1. Open House on December 14th went well
2. Requested that Jesse check with librarian to see what needs to be taken care of
3. Eck plans to attend District Meeting
1. M/S/P: Eck/Gilsrud to approve winter hours for Docksider:
a. Monday-Thursday and Saturday - open 10:00 a.m.
b. Friday - open 9:30 a.m.
2. Reported by Putnam:
a. Ugly sweater party went well
b. Planning a "Decades Party" in January
i. Airport - reported by Steve Shallbetter
1. Fuel on hand: Less than 1,000 gallons on hand. Approximately 7800 gallons were delivered today; the new price will be around $3.60/gal.
2. Maintenance: No known issues.
3. 2018 project: Obstruction removal is near completion, it is uncertain if the FAA will allow approve removing the obstructions around the sewer pond this year or if we will need to wait until next year.
4. Hangar #1: Nothing new to report.
5. Possible Non-compliance: Shallbetter talked with one of the property owners and getting him into compliance should not be an issue. The other individual in non-compliance is coming within 100 feet of airport to access hunting land. Shallbetter will be contacting him to see if he has documentation, and provide information to FAA.
i. Sewer - no report
i. Streets: Mayor Kline reported he will soon have pricing for 4 flashing speed signs
ii. Cemetery: Mayor Kline reported the new well may have 2 places from which people can fill containers with water.
9. Clerk's Report
a. M/S/P: Gilsrud/Eck to approve new City of Longville Fee schedule
b. A letter sent to EAPC discontinuing their service in Docksider renovation was shared with the council.
c. Docksider renovation update: Clerk Herheim is consulting with the City of Emily. The City of Emily is using "Sourcewell" an organization that will help guide us (free of charge) through the process of working with contractors. Clerk Herheim is in the process of gathering more information, and will arrange for the representative from Sourcewell to come to Longville to share information with the Council.
d. M/S/P: Gilsrud/Tobiason to approve publishing Notice of Public Hearing to discuss moving forward with zoning change. Citizens affected by a zoning change will be personally notified of the Public Hearing.
e. Peddlers and Solicitors: If they are visiting existing accounts they have, it is permissible. If they do not have existing accounts, a permit is required.
10. Employee relations
a. M/S/P: Eck/Gilsrud to approve vacation request of Osburnsen
11. Administration and Financial
a. M/S/P: Gilsrud/Eck to approve Payroll, Payroll liabilities and claims from check #68104 - #68165 in the amount of $153,212.46 Debit Card amount of $1,682.97 totaling $154,895.43.
M/S/P: Eck/Gilsrud to adjourn meeting at 4:39 p.m.