4/21/2018 11:12:00 AM Longville City Council minutes
LONGVILLE CITY COUNCIL
April 18, 2018
Mayor Jocko Kline called the Regular Scheduled Meeting of the month to order on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 4:01 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance
PRESENT: Mayor: Jocko Kline, Council Members: Nathan Tabaka, Phyllis Eck, Neil Tobiason City Clerk: Christina Herheim. Deputy City Clerk: Dianne Larson. Employees: Sara Putnam, Nancy Raines and Jesse Osburnsen. Citizens: Steve Shallbetter, Greg Gilsrud, Sara Kapca, Melanie Mix, and Bryan Welk and Seth Robison from Cass County Sheriff's office.
ABSENT: Jim Workman
1. M/S/P: Eck/Tabaka to adopt agenda of April 18, 2018.
2.M/S/P: Eck/Tobiason to approve Regular City Council Meeting Minutes of March 21, 2018.
3. New Business:
a. M/S/P: Tabaka/Tobiason to accept resolution #4182018 $500.00 donation from Wabedo Township for Community Park.
b. M/S/P: Eck/Tabaka to accept resolution #041818 revoking resolution #04-14-09 moratorium on liquor licenses.
c. M/S/P: Tabaka/Tobiason to adopt new Liquor Ordinance with suggested changes.
d. M/S/P: Tabaka/Eck to grant Chamber request to close Docksider parking lot on 6/16/18 and 9/15/18 for pie and food sales.
e. M/S/P: Eck/Tabaka to grant request to close Co 5 and Hwy 84 for 2018 4th of July parade and events.
4. Licenses and Permits:
a. M/S/P: Tabaka/Tobiason to grant request for liquor permit at Community Park on 8/11/18.
5. Old Business:
a. M/S/P: Eck/Tabaka - 5% pay increases will be given to supervisors in 2018. Beginning in 2019 pay increases for all employees will be based on the performance-based appraisals, according to the point scale presented.
6. Citizens addressing the council: None
7. Engineer's report: None
8. Commissioner's Reports:
1. Reported by Bryan Welk: all is going well; ramping up for summer tourist season.
2. Managers Putnam & Raines: No issues at Docksider or LLBS
1. The agenda of the next Park Board Meeting will include discussion on joint powers agreement with townships to manage expenses for community park and ballfield. So far, Kego & Wabedo have expressed interest.
1. Eck attended local library meeting. Some maintenance issues are being addressed.
2. Eck will attend District meeting in Pine River.
1. Eck met with Manager Raines at LLBS and Manager Putnam at Docksider to be oriented on how business is conducted, and processes followed
2. Manager Raines reported:
a. Naylor Refrigeration is working on rails and expect to completed in 2 weeks.
b. Presented Inventory policies and procedures to City Council for review and feedback at the next City Council Meeting.
c. More security cameras will be needed inside and outside LLBS, working on budget.
d. Sales good 1st 3 months of 2018. Pretty slow at this time
3. Manager Putnam reported:
a. Docksider floors have been stripped and waxed.
b. Ice machine malfunctioned. Thanks to Osburnsen for helping to clean up. Naylor Refrigeration was in to perform maintenance on ice machine and all compressors, etc.
c. Planning to pressure wash the deck, and put out the patio furniture soon.
i. Airport (Reported by Steve Shallbetter)
1. Fuel on hand - Approximately 3500 gallons on hand. Price is unchanged at $3.74 per gallon.
2. Obstruction on private property - Nothing new to report.
3. Maintenance -There is brush near the NDB antenna which MnDOT has requested we remove.
4. Misc. - There are trees marked for removal along Hwy 84 near the northeast corner of the airport, this is between MnDOT and Cass County and is not an airport project.
5. Airport Advisory Board - The Board met on April 10, 2018, this meeting was primarily informational with the only action item for the Board being to identify candidates to fill a vacancy on the board. (Copy of the unapproved Minutes was provided.)
i. Sewer - Chuck Ratz' license has been renewed for 3 years.
ii. Reported by Osburnsen
1. There was a sewer break on Girl Lake Circle that has been fixed.
2. The telemetry system is working on the main lift station, and we are receiving very good reports. Expect to have the other lift stations on the telemetry system in the next couple of years.
1. Mayor Kline suggested that there be a budget established each year to pave at least one city street.
2. Handicapped signage and access must be addressed within the city and at the parks to ensure we are in compliance.
ii. Cemetery - Reported by Osburnsen; there was a burial earlier this week
9. Clerk's Report
a. M/S/P: Tabaka/Eck to set up and hold funds for Downtown Beautification Project.
b. Clerk Herheim presented preliminary storm water plans for the old public access area to include permeable pavements. Eck requested that we contact other cities to see who may have permeable pavements to get their feedback. Clerk Herheim will continue to get more options to be explored and shared.
10. Employee relations
a. M/S/P: Eck/Tabaka to approve Osburnsen vacation request.
b. M/S/P: Tabaka/Tobiason to approve and pay for Osburnsen to attend MRWA Line Tracing Training Session in Thief River Falls.
c. M/S/P: Tabaka/Tobiason to approve re-hire of Alicia Reed as part-time seasonal employee at the Docksider.
d. M/S/P: Eck/Tobiason to approve hiring of Dean Murray for part-time seasonal in maintenance department.
e. M/S/P: Eck/Tobiason to hire Cassandra Sonstegard (after she's successfully interviewed) as part-time seasonal employee at LLBS.
11. Administration and Financial
a. M/S/P: Tabaka/Tobiason to approve Payroll, Payroll liabilities and claims from check #67428 & #67460-#67538 in the amount of $118,919.73 Debit Card amount of $232.99 totaling $ 119,152.72.
M/S/P: Tabaka/Tobiason to adjourn meeting at 5:10 p.m.